Recipe - Summer Berry Oatmeal Brûlée
Try this simple yet elegant oatmeal recipe, complemented by bruléed sugar for a rich caramel taste, and a crunchy, hard candy top. There’s no fresh fruit necessary for this summery oatmeal – but it will taste like it's in there! Our Just Blueberries and Just Raspberries make it delicious.
Liven-up any breakfast or brunch. Easy and impressive!
Yield: Serves 2 to 4
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Just Raspberries
- 1/3 cup Just Blueberries
- Granulated sugar
- Combine the oatmeal, water, salt and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and gently fold in Just Raspberries and Just Blueberries.
- Divide among individual serving bowls. Create a fairly smooth top with the back of a spoon so the sugar will brulée evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 to 3 teaspoons of granulated sugar on top of each bowl of oatmeal.
- Put the bowls on a cookie sheet. Move the top rack in your oven up as high as it will go. Place the cookie sheet in the oven on the top rack, and turn on the broiler. Broil for 5 to 10 minutes, rotating the bowls as needed so that they broil evenly. Take them out when the tops are golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from broiler. Allow the brulée to sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Top with milk, half & half, or cream.